Pursue MBBS in Australia & have your dream medical career
From the early ages of civilization, medicine has been regarded as one of the imperial professions and still continues to be so. In present time, enroling in an abroad medical institute to study MBBS is certainly a prestigious achievement for a medical aspirant. Studying MBBS in a reputed medical institute that offers world-class education and unprecedented infrastructure, helps a student to achieve a rewarding career in the field of medicine.
Studying MBBS abroad is an option for many Indian students. When it comes to selecting a suitable abroad destination to pursue MBBS, Australia is one of the most popularly chosen locations and there are numerous reasons for that. With high-standard education, recognized universities and better overall facilities, Australia leave no stones unturned in offering MBBS course to Indian students.
MBBS in Australia
The duration of MBBS education in Australia is of 6 years. The course is a combination of both comprehensive theoretical works and intensive practical training that accomplishes a student in the most productive way.
There are two types of medical programs in Australia for all medical students:
- Undergraduate medical program that teaches MBBS course, has a duration of 5-6 years and then awards the MBBS degree.
- Graduate program that teaches MD course and has a duration of 4 years.
The required qualifications to pursue MBBS study in Australia are:
- The applicant must have completed class 12 (Science stream) from any recognized board/institute.
- He/she must not be less than 17 years of age.
- The applicant must be proficient in English Language and should obtain a minimum of 7 in IELTS.
- He/she must qualify UMAT (Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test) before applying in any university.
Documents required to pursue MBBS education in Australia are:
- Certificate of class 12 with qualifying marks in the Science stream.
- Scores of UMAT/MCAT/GAMAT
- Personal interview sessions
Students must visit the International Office of the University to submit the documents and complete the admission procedure. After receiving the application, the university will make a merit list after considering the marks you obtained in your previously qualifying examination (class12) and in your UMAT. If you are considered, you will be asked to attend an interview on Skype. On being selected, you will be directly admitted for the MBBS program at the university.
Students must apply for MBBS in Australia in advance, that is, a year before. For instance: if you want to study MBBS for the year 2020, you must apply in the year 2019 itself. The MBBS program starts in January and the deadline for application is in the month of September.
Benefits of opting for medical education in Australia:
- MCI recognized institutes
- World-class infrastructure
- Well-qualified professors and teachers
- Provision for practical training in the final year
- Quality education