Give your career a definite shape with MBBS in Singapore
With the surge in competition to have a rewarding career, many medical students are opting for MBBS abroad. Due to lack of available seats, below standard curriculum, unreasonable fee structure and lack of practical training, students from India and elsewhere are travelling abroad to pursue their medical study.
When it comes to choosing an appropriate country to study MBBS, confusion seems to envelop the minds of the majority of students. Globalization seems to have hit the roof and so there are many countries like Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Philippines, that are providing world-class MBBS education to its international students. Another country that has been added to the list is Singapore. MBBS in Singapore is also becoming popular among Indian students.
Singapore is undoubtedly a beautiful country with breathtaking views, enormous skyscrapers and other wonders. Besides, the country has also earned the title of the ‘World’s Greatest City’ by CNN. The education sector in Singapore, especially in the field of medicine, is unparallel- the medical institutes in Singapore comprise of highly-qualified faculty, advanced infrastructure and an up-to-date curriculum.
Reasons for pursuing medical study in Singapore:
- Availability of scholarship- Many medical institutes in Singapore offer scholarships to students with financial strain. This means, even if the cost of MBBS is high, you have the solution of availing scholarships and fulfilling your dream!
- Recognized universities- Singapore has many medical institutes that are recognized by MCI and WHO. This means that after graduating, your degree is recognized where ever you go for employment.
- A first-class education system- Another reason for the increasing popularity of MBBS education in Singapore is that the country maintains exceptional standards in providing the MBBS course. A student will assuredly benefit from the highly informative and interesting MBBS classes.
- Greater employment opportunities- The degree that is awarded after completing medical education in Singapore is world-wide accepted and also has the mark of quality. Employers look for the best qualified candidate, and an MBBS degree from Singapore will open your door to the world of success.
- Language is not a barrier- Surprisingly, English is the common language that is spoken in this country apart from the other official languages. Also, the medium of instruction is English in most of the medical universities.
The criteria to pursue MBBS study in Singapore are:
- The applicant must have passed Class 12 with a minimum of 85% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from any recognized board.
- The applicant must appear and score good marks in the BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). You must appear for the former test 1 year prior to your application. (depends on which institute you are choosing)
- He/she must qualify IELTS/TOEFL with a good score.
The student must apply online through NUS Office of Admissions portal. He/she must submit the following documents to the portal:
- A personal statement of 500 words (maximum), giving a brief introduction of the student.
- A list of extra-curricular activities
- Official testimony from his/her high school or college.
The duration of MBBS education in Singapore is of 5 years.
So if MBBS in Singapore is your call, contact your trusted overseas education consultant.