Few lucky students get the chance of studying MBBS and if you are one of them, you should not lose it. Today, students are even crossing borders for getting admissions in medical universities. Bangladeshi medical universities are offering outstanding facilities for studying MBBS and Indian students are joining this course in huge numbers. So which are the things you must take care of while studying in a medical university in Bangladesh? Let us take a note of them!
1. Focus on Study: It is the most cliched tips of all, yet, this tip is the most significant one among all. Many of you must be living outside your homes for the first time in life and it is easy to get carried away. Thus, one must always keep in mind the sole purpose of migration. You always aspired to become a doctor and worked diligently to achieve your dream. Further, not only you but also your parents want to see you in the garb of a doctor. A lot of money is involved as the education fees. When so many things are at stake, you should put your entire effort on becoming a doctor.
2. Smart Socialising: ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’. Thus, meeting new people and making new friends is an integral part of your graduation days. However, what you need is a smart selection of friends. It is always better to avoid controversial people. Socialise with those who will enrich you as a human being, as a student and as a future doctor.
3. Avoid Controversial Topics: It is best if you avoid controversial topics on politics, economics, religion or culture. Respect the local culture and religious belief as people tend to be extremely sensitive about these topics. Do not participate in arguments which could turn wayward.
4. Abide by the Local Law: Knowledge always empowers you. One should gather enough information regarding local laws of a foreign country like Bangladesh. It comes with your pre-migration preparatory steps.
5. Know the Local Culture: Do not miss the chance of knowing the local culture. The more you know, the better you understand the locals which is an integral part of your 6 years stay in Bangladesh. After you complete your education, you need to practice as a doctor and local people will comprise a big chunk of the patient lists. Thus, a knowledge about culture is something to help you during those days.
6. Follow Healthy Habits: When you are away from your home, you must adhere to healthy habits as falling ill is the last thing that you can afford. Do not eat fried foods and keep attention to hygiene issues. Fortunately, Bangladeshi medical universities offer good accommodation facilities with quality meals in the canteens. As India and Bangladesh have similar food habits, students do not face much problems. Add vegetables and fruits to your regular diet and do physical exercises regularly.
Study MBBS in Bangladesh and realise your dream. Choose a renowned medical university which is approved by Medical Council of India. Become a respectable doctor and serve humanity.