Have a valuable medical career by studying MBBS in Mauritius
Studying MBBS in a foreign country is a dream for many medical students. The number of Indian students applying for MBBS abroad has increased over the last few years and this is due to the difficulty in clearing the NEET exam at once. Instead of wasting time, Indian students are applying for MBBS in several countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, China, the Philippines, and a recent addition in Mauritius. Studying MBBS in Mauritius has become quite popular for numerous students in India as well as other countries.
Mauritius is one of the most beautiful islands in Asia that was first colonized by the Dutch in 1638 and eventually improved under the rule of the French East India Company. A large number of Indians reside here and the population is a mixture of all cultures and races. It is also a popular tourist destination owing to its scenic natural beauty. Today, Mauritius has emerged as one of the most popular countries for its progressive education sector, especially in the field of medicine. The country provides all kinds of educational facilities like global examinations, quality infrastructure, well-qualified faculty, and practical training to shape a student’s career.
Why should you pursue an MBBS study in Mauritius?
There are abundant benefits of studying MBBS in Mauritius. These are:
1. The MBBS syllabus is formed by the NMC.
2. The country has many MCI approved universities that offer the MBBS course to the students.
3. English is the commonly spoken language.
4. Many Indians reside in this country that will give you the ‘at home’ feeling.
5. The faculty in most of the universities comprise of highly qualified and experienced professors, doctors, and teachers.
6. No donation is demanded in any university. Just pay the admission fee and you are allowed to pursue your medical study in Mauritius.
7. The total fee structure is comparatively lower than in Indian private colleges.
8. Accommodation charges are also pocket-friendly.
The criteria for pursuing MBBS education in Mauritius are:
1. The student must have qualified Class 12 from any recognized board. (ICSE, CBSE, or others).
2. He/she must have 60% marks in aggregate and must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
3. The applicant must not be less than 17 years and more than 30 years of age.
4. He/she must qualify NEET-UG.
5. The applicant must be fluent in English and must provide all academic certificates during admission.
The duration for MBBS in Mauritius is 5.5 years. These years are divided into:
1. First four and half years- classroom training and theoretical classes.
2. Final year- practical training and internship in hospitals and healthcare facilities.
So if you are interested to live your dream of becoming a renowned doctor, pursuing medical education in Mauritius is the right option for you. Contact Pice Educare, your trusted overseas education consultant.
Anna Medical College
A breakthrough in the field of medicine, Anna Medical College and Research Centre (AMCRC) opens numerous doors of immense opportunities for aspiring medical students through its extensive blend of structured lectures and research activities. It is affiliated with the University of Technology, Mauritius (UTM), which is under the ambit of the Government of Mauritius. AMCRC facilitates a smooth progression for medical students in their turning professionals; the key attractions being the most modern and elaborate labs, Wi-Fi throughout the academic area, interactive multimedia classrooms, Blackboard Learn™, clinical skills, and simulation labs, making it one of the most modern and expansive lab complexes in Mauritius.
Run by well-qualified and experienced doctors and a chartered accountant working in the UK as well as India, AMCRC has an expert team of eminent professionals managing its affairs. It integrates and coordinates all the activities of the faculty and indulges in various activities for the development of the student and faculty communities.
The quality control system that is in place is extremely efficient and this adds to the institution’s advantage.
AMCRC is listed in the directories of the World Health Organization (WHO), and listed with the Medical council of INDIA(NMC) and South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and is under the process of getting listed with the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates ECFMG, Global Alliance for Medical Education (GAME) which chronicle the accredited medical schools of the world. These listings allow our graduates to be eligible to write various national examinations such as the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), the Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada (LMCC), and the Diploma of Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCP).
AMCRC is listed with by following international agencies
- T.E.C: Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
- W.H.O: World Health Organization
- FAIMER: Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- SAQA: South African Qualification Authority
- M.C.I: Medical Council INDIA
- IMED: International Medical Education Directory
Students have to complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December. A candidate for admission to the MBBS course must have cleared papers on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually in 12th standard.
Flacq Hospital is situated in the East of Mauritius at Centre de Flacq in the district of Flacq. It provides services for the Health Region 3 for a population of 170,000 inhabitants covering essentially the district of Flacq under the directorate of a Regional Health Director (RHD). Flacq Hospital is a government general hospital catering to a population of 1 lakh 70 thousand people in the east of Mauritius. All the specialty / sub-specialty medicine and surgery.
Built to give students every academic advantage as they embrace their future as medical professionals It features Wi-Fi throughout the academic grounds, interactive multimedia classrooms and labs, and Blackboard Lear™. to its clinical skills and simulation labs, creating one of the most modern and expansive lab complexes in Mauritius. Numerous beaches and hiking trails are easily accessible.
AMCRC ensures that every convenience is provided to enable a smooth, stress-free campus life where students can single-mindedly focus on their education, helping them transform into confident and competent medical and health professionals.
As a complement to the academic programs, AMCRC provides social, cultural, and entertainment avenues for students to showcase their extracurricular talents. The institution also arranges academic and general counseling as well as career guidance.
Hostels in academic institutions form the epicenter of every student’s campus life. The stay at the hostels at AMCRC is exceptionally comfortable that our students define it as a “home away from home”. Our luxury hostel villas set in a beautiful backdrop have, besides the amenities like 24-hour security, maintenance, power, and water supply, a swimming pool, and several other add-ons, giving it a 5-star hotel appeal. Students also have an option to choose between Continental and Indian food at the hostel canteen.
It is mandatory that all students reside in one of the AMCRC hostels for their first two semesters unless given explicit permission at the institution’s sole discretion. Hostel availability is on a first-deposit, first-served basis; hence, students should apply promptly when the application process commences. The Residential Halls are located in close proximity, at a distance of approx. 4 km from the AMCRC campus. For all the hostel students transport will be arranged hostel to college.
SSR medical college
Duration of the courses:
The duration of the MBBS course is 5years divided into 10 semesters of 6 months each from the date of commencement of the course & the duration of the BDS course is 4years (8semesters); followed by a 1-year compulsory Rotating Internship. The period of 5 years MBBS course is divided into 3 phases.
MBBS: 5Years + Internship: 10 Semesters of 6 months each.
- Phase I – (I to III Semesters)
- Phase II – (IV to VI Semesters)
- Phase III – (VII to X Semesters)
Minimum Eligibility for Admission to MBBS:
- CBSE/ICSE/State Board Students: Aggregate 60% marks at class 12 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and/or English
- South African Board Students: Aggregate 60% marks at class 12 in Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, and English
- Senior Cambridge/A-Level Students: Total 22 Points in Science Subjects & English(Grade A=10; B=8, C=6 & D=4 points)
Post Graduate Courses- M.D./M.S*:
The Post Graduate Courses in 5 specialties of Medicine, Surgery, Radiodiagnosis, Anaesthesiology, and Ophthalmology have been approved by the University of Mauritius and by the Medical Council of Mauritius.
The Clinical Training Framework Agreement for clinical training of our P.G. students at the Victoria hospital has been signed with the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life, the Republic of Mauritius. (vide Agreement dated 13.6.2013).
The P.G. Courses are scheduled to commence by August 2013, once the concurrence, which is already under process, is received from the TEC.
The P.G.Courses in the remaining subjects would commence in phases.
Minimum Eligibility for Admission in P.G.:
Graduation+Internship+ Valid Registration with the Medical Council in the respective native Country.