The MBBS degree is highly sought after in the realm of professional education. Even more prestigious is to pursue a post-graduate degree in medical science. So, if you are keen on obtaining a PG degree (MD or MS or MDS) in medicine or surgery, there is good news for you.
The Medical Council of India has allowed medical colleges to add an equal number of PG (MD/MS/MDS) seats by surrendering the recognized diploma seats in corresponding courses. This was announced on 12.07.2018 after receiving applications for increasing the PG degree seats.
MS is a postgraduate degree in General Surgery while MD is for General Medicine. A student completing MS becomes a surgeon while a student with an MD degree becomes a general physician. The career prospects in both the fields are equally good and rewarding.
Admission for the MD/MS/MDS PG course is open for medical colleges in Nepal.
When you are applying in Nepal, remember:
- A common entrance examination will be conducted for both Nepalese and foreign candidates.
- Only those who secure a minimum of 50% marks will be on the merit list.
- Admission will be done on the basis of merit.
- As per the curriculum requirement, all candidates during their postgraduate program will have three months of community-based teaching/learning at assigned hospitals.
- Nepalese candidates must insert the voucher number, date of issue of the voucher & branch name of the bank at the bottom page of ‘Application Form’.
- Foreign candidates must fill in the ‘Foreign Category’ online application form.
- An admission card will be issued after proper verification of the foreign candidate.
- Nepalese and foreign candidates will take the same examination.
- The minimum pass mark is 50% and there is no negative marking.
- There will be multiple-choice questions of 100 marks and one appropriate answer.
Entrance examination date & time
- 30th March 2019 Saturday, 10.00 a.m to 12.00 noon.